Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Don't Worry, Be Happy




It's been almost two weeks since I've arrived back home from the PI. I miss it, but I'm also glad to be home. I've just been chillin with friends and fam, going back from Foster City to Berkeley. I've been hanging out, watching movies, and shark week : ) I've got to say that I've met some of the coolest and most welcoming people over there, but at times I couldn't help but feel like an outsider no matter how hard I tried. I didn't have a hard time adjusting to things like a lack of the luxuries and privileges that are present here in the states, but rather the feeling that I didn't belong at times. However, over the course of my trip I was able to feel at home and connect with all the cool friends and family I met, whom I will continue to be close with. If there is one thing that I've taken back here that I've learned, is that the people over there know how to enjoy things. Over here in the states, we're definitely always rushed and stressing about something. They may not have the same things that folks over here do, but they truly know how to enjoy and appreciate what's really important.

So with that, I've come up with some immediate goals for the upcoming school year.

1. Come home more often
2. Learn to cook Filipino food.
3. Get a Public Health internship
4. Prepare for grad school/work
5. ENJOY THE TIME AND THE FRIENDS I HAVE AT CAL.

I'm looking forward to this year, even though I'm scared and excited about all the things ahead of me. I look to take things as they come though and continue to work hard.

As I was leaving Bacolod, Kuya Bhuboy and I were listening to "Don't worry, be happy." I think that pretty much sums up what I've gotten from the PI that I hope to take through this year. I hope ya'll are there to enjoy this year with me too, so don't worry, be happy, and let's make this a great year ya'll : ) In the meantime, stay cool like this shark.

No comments: