Saturday, July 19, 2008

Coming to a Close

So this past week and a half I've been traveling with Mary Ann, visiting
my family in Pampanga and her family in Cavite, Bacolod,and Victorias.
It's been quite a week. Altogether Mary Ann's family has been generous
and welcoming.

Monday we went around with Mary Ann and her Ate Glen, Ate Che, Kuya
Bembol, Ate Crystal, Kuya Arnel, and their kids AJ and Kyle. We were
supposed to go to Star City with Ate Crystal, AJ, Kuya Arnel, and Ate Glen
but it was raining : / So instead we just ended up going to the
aquarium,which was fun. We got to see sharks : ) We met up with Kuya
Bimbol and his son Kyle at the Mall of Asia and ate. After that we headed
over to Ate Gayselle's house in Dasmarinas, Cavite.

Tuesday we went to Tagaytay. Unfortunately it was still raining : (
However we were still able to go to Taal Lake. Mary Ann, Kuya Bimbol, Ate
Glenn, Kyle, Ate Che and I went. Mary Ann, Ate Che, and I then rode
horses to Crater Lake. Fun, but rainy, and I caught a cold : / I think
today I got fed up with people asking if I was Korean or Japanese, and
combined with my cold I was pretty cranky. The horseride and chilling
with Mary Ann's fam was still worth it though. After that we stayed in
Alfonso with Ate Glenn's family. They made some bomb ass sinigang that
helped clear up my cold.

Wednesday we stayed in during the morning. Unfortunately we had to say
bye to Kuya Bimbol and Kyle. Kuya Bimbol has probably been one of the
funniest people I've met here,and and also a good dad. Later we went to
Baclaran to do some pasulubong shopping. I was able to get some good
stuff at cheap prices. After that Mary Ann, Ate Glen, Ate Gayselle, and I
met up with Ate Che, and stayed in Makati with Kuya Rhodel, who was very
smiley and nice.

Thursday we flew to Visayas, and we met up with Ate Cle and Ate Cathy, and
Ate Paige (Kuya Rhodel's wife, who WAS pregnant). We got to visit some
museums and toured around Negros. We visited Tita Lita (who has my
birthday) and Mama Wong, both super nice. We ate some chicken at Tita
Lita, also where her Ate Glenn and Kuya Buboy stays. Kuya Buboy was
really nice. Though I was intimidated by him at first because he had
hella tats, he was super nice and a great cook. He made some more bomb
ass sinigang. After that we stayed at Mama Wongs. I was about to go to
sleep but...

Ate Paige went into labor. Sooooo... Friday morning we went to the
hospital and slept there, While Ate Paige went into the delivery room. In
the morning Mary Ann and I left to get ready while Mama Wong, Ate Cle, and
Ate Cathy stayed with Ate Paige. It also happened to be Mary Ann's
birthday, so it was quite a pleasant gift for her. Back in the states, it
was my sister's birthday since they are a day behind. While we got ready
at the house, we helped with some things. I think I was stressing because
I just wanted Mary Ann to enjoy her day and have the day to herself. And
like always she was too busy worrying about everyone else... (oh well,its
just her hahaha) I ended up playing basketball with her cousins Jun and
Nardo. I thought I played well, but I think the folks there were laughing
at the way I played (American?) Oh well, I let my jumpshot speak for
itself.

Saturday we went to a the Maambukal resort with Mary Ann's family. Got to
row a boat, eat, and visited a butterfly garden. When we got back later
that night we stayed at another resort with some of the family, Palmas(
sp?) resort. Swam some more and chilled with her family. We also
visited Ate Paige and Kuya Rhodel and their baby.

Today (Sunday). We went to the mall where I wrote most of this blog in an
internet cafe. Afterwards, we came back to Mama Wong's house with Ate
Paige, Kuya Rhodel, and their baby. We chilled at the house, then tried
to go to their family's farm in Uma. On the way there, the road was
flooded so we had to turn back. We ended up visiting the graves of some
of Mary Ann's tito's and her lolo. Afterwards, we hit up the city hall
area and market of Victorias. Got some food, then headed back to Mama
Wongs. We had one last big feast, and it was definitely a good send off
for Mart Ann and I on our trip to Bohol and we got to see all of the
family again.

It definitely was a good time with Mary Ann's family. I've got to say
they've been some of the most welcoming folks that I've met here, and
they've already made me feel a part of their family. Were in Bohol as I
write this, but I'll save the blog about Bohol for later. Hope you are
all well. Take care and peace!

No comments: